Friday, August 04, 2017

Simple watercolour flowers.

Had to make a few sympathy and thank you cards, so opted for something light and floral that would be fine for both.


I added some diecut cats to this sympathy card as I know it's intended for a cat person. (Die is Leabilities Cats).

The stamps are from Sheena Douglass's Bloomin Beautiful set. I stamped them in white onto watercolour paper, then heat embossed them in white. Then used my GT Watercolours on top.


I didn't try and do it as a one layer card this time, I 3D mounted some of the flowers onto the card.

I added a few simple sequin and some lavender stickles to lift them a bit.(They seemed a bit flat). I had an extra couple of flowers to add to the thank you card too.


I want to aim for something respectful but not gloomy when it comes to sympathy cards. In the past I have been more than happy to receive something a bit more uplifting when I've felt sad. I hope other people feel the same way.

2 comments: