Friday, March 06, 2020

Masterpiece

Welcome back to the blog and another Dr.Digi friday! And I went a bit off-piste today and not only coloured on white card, but also made a digital background. I know, I must be sick;)

This is Pablo the Painter. He may produce works that are not entirely genuine. I don't think Picasso is going to worry too much about his copy of the Portrait of Dora Maar though!

(Click the picture for a larger & better view)

So I swiped some famous paintings from google image search and made a gallery background for Pablo. I superimposed Pablo to make sure I was colouring him and the floor the correct size.

Here is the digistamp as in the shop (there are two versions, the other has a blank canvas):


And here is my version:


Then I coloured just Pablo and the floor on plain white card using polychromo pencils. Afterwards I slowly and painfully cut it out. (lol!)



I then re-edged some of the black outline of the stamp so it didn't get so lost in the background.


Finally I matted and layered it onto black card and then a white 18x18cm card blank. I made a little sentiment banner using Mister Sirloin font and attached it over the floor. Was a bit grumpy about covering that much beautifully coloured woodwork though, lol!

Thanks for joining me today! Why not pop to the Dr.Digi shop and see what inspires your to be artistic?




3 comments: