Thursday, July 16, 2020

Woolly Cats!

Hi Everyone! (X-posted to the Sassy and Crafty Blog! time zones permitting!) Very happy to share with you a special GDT project I have been working on for Sassy and Crafty!


This is one of the kitties from their Thank Mew (4x8) Stamp Set.


Here is the super cute stamp set (this kitty has friends!) -


And here is my version -


I know, you've spotted it's A LOT bigger than the stamp set. Normally it's not ok to (just) digitise a stamped image but lucky for me, I asked and the folks at Sassy and Crafty they said "yes!" I was able to go to town on this chap with my polychromo pencils. If you are a pencil artist and find it hard to work with small stamped images it can never hurt to ask if it's ok for you to enlarge them. Lots of artists will be ok with it, they might even help your out with the process, but always ask! Don't be offended if they say no, and never share your digitised stamps with anyone else!

I created the whole topper on the computer and printed just the kitty/wool part slightly pale (no-lines colouring style) straight onto kraft card. This meant all I had to do was colour it up and then cut it out!

Top inside tip, if you want to try no-lines colouring but get frustrated when you lose the details of the original stamp, always print out a normal dark version to refer back to as you colour. I always do, so I can remember where things are, like whiskers! 


I'm not sure why I went for a watermeh-loon ( Always pronounce it just like this, it's going to make you chuckle every time, I assure you.) colour scheme but I did. I love some red and green free from having to be christmassy! Papers are all from Making Cards Magazine. Bling is from the stash. I used a white posca pen for highlights.

The sentiment is also from the stamp set which has a great choice of phrases to use with the kitty stamps! 


Why not check out their blog now to see all the other inspo and super new stamp sets at Sassy And Crafty?


4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely incredible! My husband and I literally just had a 10 minute conversation about how spectacular your coloring is. I wish I could color fur like you. Love your "waterme-loon" color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're coloring is exquisite! And your interpretation of the hat is so much better than the stamp. ;) Such a fun card. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope this card its on the way to me!?
    that is so cute kitty stamps and you made stunnig card!
    I just love your coloring!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete