Thursday, September 10, 2020

And here is Colton (Part 2)

 And I am back with my second post! (Post 1 is here.) Here is Colton, also a newly released Polka Dot Pal from Barbara Sproatmeyer one of the Artist/Illustrators at Whimsy Stamps

So this is Beau's brother Colton who in honour of her decorating his Studio has decided to do a portrait of her! His currently creative influence is mainly Van Gogh, lol.

He is coloured with polychromos with a few spots of white posca pen. It's not essential to use a white pen for highlights but it really makes them pop!

Here is what the stamp set looks like in he shop:


And here is a close up of my version:


Everything but the sentiment and the room are parts of the stamp set! There are so many cool items to build up a scene or even a background paper to match him! I was tempted but went with a sploshy 1980s colour themed paper as I had for Beau. (Using distress inks and HA AC026 Brush Strokes Stamp Set.)


I added a sentiment (in Courier New Font) on afterwards because I couldn't make up my mind what occasion I wanted to use him for! So this sentiment is removable at the moment! Thought this would be a cute birthday or Valentines sentiment. Do you know what song it's from?


Loved the challenge of making up a pair of cards, feel really honoured that Barbara let me play with her new stamp sets! The scale of real stamps is often much smaller than I print digital stamps so I had to think carefully how to cram in as much detail as possible, luckily Barbara's stamps are drawn beautifully and are a pleasure to use.

Thanks for joining me on this release day! Make sure to check out all of Barbara's super stamps in the Whimsy shop and why not check out her blog where there is often inspo and a giveaway to take part in! Win win!



5 comments:

  1. Well he is a much tidier painter than his sister!!!!! I love this one too....That FLOOR....my gosh...it's amazing!! You are colouring wizard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. I would have recognized the Van Gogh in the background without even a mention of him. His style was so unique and lovely. Once in a while I'll watch Don McLean sing Vincent's song on YouTube. The song is about Van Gogh and shows his paintings. A lovely song with so many colors in the song. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond amazing - I need to step up my game! I love all the textures you added with the corduroy, wood floor, pleats in the hat, etc. And you did mini works of art for the decor too! WOW Thank you so much for coloring these and showing what is possible. They're such a fun set and very inspiring. :D

    ReplyDelete