Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Drag Queen!

Hi folks! Back again with a GDT post for Sweet Escape Digis! I love how on-trend this Drag Queen digi image is! I decided she looked most like RuPaul, so decided to colour her in a classic RuPaul lewk!

***Newsflash! I like to keep you updated with the latest offer for the Sweet Escape Digis shop, so details of the current one are - 40% off your basket using the code CELEBRATE40. If you are reading this a long time after I posted it, always pop to the Sweet Escape Facebook Page to get details of the latest offer before you buy! Top tip ;)***


I chose RuPaul's Drag Race expressions and catchphrases for the outside and inside the card. If you need them explained you might not be the intended audience ;) (Font is Dacquoise)

Here is the digistamp that I worked with (in the shop) -


And here is my version of her -


I am fully aware she also looks a bit like Rihanna (It was much more Rihanna than Ru at one point, I hope I rescued it! I love Rihanna but she sooooo wasn't what I was aiming for, lol!)


I really enjoyed two huge challenges with doing this.  A completely new skin tone and a sequined sparkly dress. RuPaul is of mixed ethnicity ( African-American, African, French and Swiss-German) and has amazing golden brown skin! I normally go with something rather more pale and pink, but it's great to be a bit more inclusive!


I added some bling to the dress after trying to replicate some sequin sparkle. I used white gel pen and white posca pen, then just a touch of stickles at the end to get in the hints of other colours.

Hope you enjoyed this card today, and appreciate something a bit different! I love RuPaul's Drag Race and you can learn a lot from it, if you are a colourist, based on how the queens do their makeup!




10 comments:

  1. ACK !!! That is just AWESOME !!!! Your colouring is outstanding and I LUV that image xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ike!!! :D I liked it too, nice to see other companies daring to do something a bit different?! xxx

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely amazing!!! Looks just like RuPaul! Your details have me awestruck every time. I am not on Facebook, so can't access the group, but you have done such a great job with this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer! You are always welcome to pop me a message and I will check the latest offer code for you, if you are in the mood for shopping and want some code-goodness! (The 40% one is good at the moment) :D Thanks for your comments <3~ x

      Delete
  3. Thank you Ginny, and for popping to the blog and leaving comments, it's really kind of you. <3~ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, your colouring is awesome. ... my son loves RuPaul; now I have the perfect image for his birthday card, just gotta think of a nice catty sentiment, perhaps I'll canvas his partner... or I COULD watch the show, lol. TFS, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna! I highly recommend the Rpdr dictionary for some sentiment inspo!
      https://rupaulsdragrace.fandom.com/wiki/RuPaul%27s_Drag_Race_Dictionary
      Tho, it's good fun to watch too :D x

      Delete
  5. What can I stay.... love love love it x

    ReplyDelete