Monday, June 10, 2019

Not politically correct Coo.

Good Afternoon. 

A quick disclaimer. I was a uncertain about posting this card using this stamp. I am "woke" to the problems of using this set. Although it seems you can still legally use this stamp set, it also appears the Sheena Douglass did not own the copyright to sell it. Thus I will not be using any of her stamps I already own on cards for sale, nor will I be buying anymore of her products. I purchased this stamp along time before the issues with her copyright theft were raised. If you don't know anything about this issue and would like to learn more here is a link to the first article I read about it and you may like to do your own research. 
If I could find a link to the original artist I would include it, alas a reverse image search doesn't appear to go to the original source.  If you do know, please pop me a message, it would be nice to include it.


So here is my card using "Highland Dinner" from the "A little bit sketchy" set by Sheena Douglass. 


It's a Z-fold card and pretty large, so super hard to get a nice photo of!  I used white Hero Arts Unicorn Ink and then heat embossed them using Stampendous Opaque White embossing powder. I then used different coloured Brushos, in various layers and with a heat gun, to get a few different effects. These were the three results that I liked most.


I layered them onto black card and printed out some white on black text to add some greetings to each cow.


I then created a Z-fold card blank and stuck each cow onto one side. I also printed out an area to write on and attached that to the middle back.


I actually enjoyed making this up, despite the political problems with the stamp set. It seems such a waste of resource to just bin all my Sheena stamps but I can confidently say I will no longer be buying any Sheena or Crafter's Companion products. If you have an opinion, you are very welcome to share it with me here, no offence taken if you don't agree with me using this set.

1 comment: