Monday, August 31, 2020

Kidnapping Michael Bublé

Just want to share with you a very specific card I made for a long time customer. Love making her orders, they are always crazy in the best way.  

 Let me assure you now, the design request was very long and thorough, and all choices from this point were to fit the brief!

I drew and then coloured the main image with copics. Yes, she had kidnapped The Bublé!


I masked off an area of my background and used peel offs like mini-stencils to create all the jewellery coming from the exhaust.


I then used distress oxides to cover the whole background. Then I made a stencil for a New York skyline but including the Avengers HQ building. I used black distress oxide over the stencil. To set the ink I sprayed it all with a fine mist of water.


I then 3D foam mounted the motorbike over the top and began adding lots of different bling to parts of the card. I also printed out a 50th moon so I could add the age to the card front.


I made the card up into an easel card. I used some online images to create a blue starry background and another New York Skyline for the inner. I raised the greeting on 3D foam so the topper could hook behind it.


And job done! Was going to glossy accent the glasses but forgot, oops! Hope they customer likes it. I am not sure if she returns it quite who I can give it to, lol.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this! I love making cards specific for people. All the Christmas cards I make are fashioned towards what the person does or likes. This is GREAT!!!!! I hope your friend LOVES IT!!! I'm sure she will. It will put a smile on her face for sure!

    ReplyDelete