Saturday, August 01, 2020

Thank Mew!

Back again today (X-post to the Sassy and Crafty Blog, time zones permitting.) with the second of my two cards for Sassy and Crafty using the Thank Mew Stamp Set!  


It was unfortunately sold out when I wrote this post, but if you feel spendy make sure to leave your email address on the shop listing so you get notified when it's back in stock! 


Isn't she cute? Obviously I coloured her with polychromo pencils on kraft card.

This is what the stamp set looks like, more kitties and some awesome sentiments:



If you've spotted that she is somewhat bigger than she is in the rubber stamp set you are correct. I'm going to repeat what I said on the last post, I hope you don't mind.

Normally it's not ok to (just) digitise a stamped image but lucky for me, I asked and the folks at Sassy and Crafty they said "yes!" I was able to go to town on this chap with my polychromo pencils. If you are a pencil artist and find it hard to work with small stamped images it can never hurt to ask if it's ok for you to enlarge them. Lots of artists will be ok with it, they might even help your out with the process, but always ask! Don't be offended if they say no, and never share your digitised stamps with anyone else!

Here is a close up of the kitty bit, or erm kitty-bitty? lol.


I cannot think of pink and yellow and not also want to eat some Battenberg Cake immediately! Gosh they are delicious. It was hard to take photos and not just eat them, lol! Apparently it's a very English thing, do you have it in your country?


I used some papers from Making Cards Magazine. I went with a  fruit paper again, it's a bit of a theme as I used watermeh-lone papers on the last Sassy and Crafty card I made, lol.


Loved colouring her up, printed her out as a complete topper and then masked off the wording so I didn't get it too dirty with my pencil dust. Afterwards I 3D foam mounted her onto my backing paper.


Thanks for joining me today! I hope you can find something to tempt you in the Sassy and Crafty shop as the Battenberg Cake tempted me! Thanks to Sassy and Crafty for inviting me to take part on the GDT team during July!



4 comments:

  1. An awesome image and card Ginny x
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable. Your coloring is fabulous and I love the image. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, she is so darling!!!!!! You are amazing with your color pencils! I almost left the group I keep seeing these because everyone was posting just copic images and I only have color pencils and watercolors! I never thought of digitizing an image with permission of course! WOW! That skein of fiber looks just like one I have in my closet!
    It's official, I think I am your new stalker (in a safe distance and very well mannered way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous colouring. She is adorable
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete