Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Cupcake Pop Up!

Hi everyone, I'm back with some pop-up goodness and a new stamp set to show you from Witt and Sass. Here is the stamp set to start with, it's called Designer Cupcake! It's a really clever idea and super easy to use.


And I decided to stamp out six cupcakes in white ink and heat emboss the outlines. I also made a "designer" paper by heat embossing the fruit and flower toppings on a large sheet of water colour paper. Then I used my Gansai Tambi Watercolours over the top in nice vibrant colours. This is a progress shot before I got cutting things out.


I then cut out each cupcake and added a couple of the small toppings from my large sheet or background paper. I added glossy accents in part.  I then cut up the remaining backing paper to use as the matt & layering on my pop-up box card.


So I layered my backing paper on each side of the card, basically ten panels. I then used the greeting from the Designer Cupcake Stamp Set to make my circular birthday topper. I used nestabilities to cut out the circles and embellished with the couple of extra cupcake bits I had left. This is how it looks flattened out.


I really love the technology of pop up boxes! And I really enjoy how the watercolour is kinda messy whilst still being able to see the stamps through. And you may have spotted that I had to cut up my "Happy Birthday" greeting to get it that way round, but it still stamps beautifully and I can always restore the original configuration. I did feel a bit guilty though. :D Here it is from the other side.


Hope you can tell how much fun I had with this stamp set. It's nice when one stamp set can supply you with everything you need for your card!  If you would like to see what other people made with the set, don't forget to pop to the official Witt and Sass Blog this week to see what the design team have made! Click the banner below.



2 comments:

  1. Wow Annabel! that is an amazing and fantastic creation! I love your idea, the watercoloring is perfect! Love love love!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete