Friday, January 26, 2018

Desmond The Dodo

Welcome back to Dr.Digi friday, actually on a friday!! And am am very happy to share with you Desmond the Dodo!


Took me a while to figure out what kind of card to use him on. Was adding him to a get well soon card a bit harsh? "Get well soon, don't become extinct!" or was adding him to a thank you card and saying "See! Thank you cards aren't extinct!" a bit grumpy?  Then finally, whilst considering colouring him blue I realised he could be a "little bird told me" bird, just a slightly different one from normal! Perhaps you could use the previous ideas for very good friends though and hope they laugh!? (or your worst enemies! lol).



I used polychromo pencils to colour him up and a pop of bling on the backing. The backing paper is from a Making Cards Magazine freebie paper pad. The fonts are Cold Spaghetti, Lobster Two and Breamcatcher. I loved colouring him up using different textures, tho it was quite hard to combo my feather texture with the fur one and it not look bonkers! Really like how his eye came out this time, shall try and remember how I did it!

Here he is in the shop but if you do want to use him, but not the hassle of colouring him up, you can purchase him as a coloured digi too?


Lots more super projects in the facebook group if you want to join up and check them out? Sometimes getting a bit of inspiration can be all you need to get crafting!


4 comments:

  1. I saw your post on FB so I had to pop over to your blog. You're coloring is insane! Do you ever do videos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you colored your dodo bird. I will have to look into this image as I have a grandson named Dylan but sometimes gets called Dodo a name he got stuck with when he was young

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fab card!
    oh you color Dodo so very great!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue Dodo's maybe that's why they went extinct, don't know why its a wining combo xx

    ReplyDelete