Hi All! Very excited to share with you the first of my cards I made for the June Edition of Making Cards Magazine representing Dr.Digi's House of Stamps.
Here is Tea Trolly Dolly!
I used elements from the Tea Time Set! It's a bargain to begin with, but if you use the special code in the magazine for 20% off, it's even more of a bargain! You can also buy all the elements separately, I've tried to link to them in my Card Recipe Below.
When I prepared my cards for the magazine I also created a full card recipe and a list of all the pencils I used so I have added to them post too, hope they are useful to you for creating cards or colouring!
- Create a 17 cm x 17 cm card blank.
- Print out onto white paper the Bickie – Jammy Dodgers backing paper from the Tea and Bickies Backing Paper Set.
- Line paper up centrally on card, adhere with double-sided tape and cover card blank. Cut off any excess.
- On the PC make a topper image (15.5 cm x 15.5 cm) using Tea Trolley Dolly digistamp and sentiment from Tea Time SentimentsSheet. Resize elements to fit.
- Make digistamp paler.
- Add an edge on the topper before printing to make it easy to cut out straight.
- Print out topper directly onto Kraft Card. Also print on the same A4 sheet the digistamp once again, at full strength to use as a guide when you colour.
- Colour in Tea Trolley Dolly with Faber-Castell Polychromo Pencils.
- Create a diamond pattern floor surface for her to stand on also with Faber-Castell Polychromo Pencils.
- Add highlights using White (0.7 mm) Posca Pen.
- Clean up any smudges and pencil dust around your image using an eraser.
- Cut out topper. Using a curved edge to guide you, cut off one of the corners.
- From the sentiments sheet print and cut out one Jammy Dodger. For a perfect circle use a round die to fit your printed biscuit. Add glossy accents to jam and allow to dry.
- Stick Jammy Dodger into right hand corner of card front.
- Using 3D foam place topper onto card
- Add Ranger Glossy Accents to glasses, earrings and cherries.
Polychromo Pencil Recipe:
Skin: 101, 110, 128, 129, 130, 132, 177, 190, 219
Dress; 101, 104, 107, 177, 187, 225
Apron and hat: 101, 146, 199, 271, 274
Socks: 101, 107, 177, 180, 187
Slippers: 101, 115, 177, 219, 225
BrewMaster: 101, 107, 115, 177, 190, 219
Tea Trolly: 101, 177, 187, 190, 199, 232, 233
I did two more of the digis from the Tea Time Set for the magazine article, shall post them soon plus the card and colouring recipes for them! :)