Friday, February 01, 2019

Seventies inspired "Thinking of you" cards.

Hi again! Quick post today, I had to make up a batch of Sympathy/Thinking of You Cards for my own use. I like to have some in stock so I don't have any delays in sending them, it seems a thing you should be prompt about.  

I decided to go with a bit of a seventies retro flavour and this is the set I made.


I masked off a column on the left hand side of the topper and then stamped with distress oxides,  Gathered Twigs, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Aged Mahogany.
The stamps I have used for the columns and the single flowers/seedheads are from Elusive Images, quite ancient and I'm not sure where you'd get them other than ebay, or old shop stock sales! (I have a feeling that Elusive Images was absorbed by, or became, Chocolate Baroque, but let me know if you know different please. I can't remember for sure!)


I used the "thinking of you" sentiment from the  Messages with  Flourish set from Hero Arts, one of my favs! I think they might have re-released it with a bit of an upgrade, it's still in their shop despite me having had it for a looonnnng time.
The stamp behind the sentiment is from the stash and I haven't labelled it so cannot offer more clues. If I spot it I will add a link in here. It's a retro 70's art type set.


I mounted the greetings on pearlescent brown and terracotta cardstock from the stash. I stamped and cut out a few of the elements from the Elusive Images set to use separately on the right hand side of the card. Did something different on each card.


Ended with a few gems, pearls or glitter pen on each card, just a little bit to make them special, but not too blingy to be distasteful for sympathy occasions.

1 comment: