Friday, November 15, 2019

Sqwirl!

My favourite Disney character (though I confess I am not really a Disney person, I love some Ghibli however) is Dug from the film Up! And why am I telling you this?? Because....

SQUIRREL!!!!

(Apparently, in personality I am far more like Dory! I am not sure that was a compliment...)


And here is what the digi looks like in the shop -


And here is my version -


I also added in some scenery, just some acorns and leaves. Thought it would make a nice change! Did rather a lot of experimenting on this piece, especially with the colouring.


This is (almost) all polychromo pencils on smooth kraft card (called Hessian Buff). I did add some white highlights with a white posca pen, but removed most of it too.


Font is Zolano Serif BTN. Background paper was a magazine freebie from the stash. It's pretty ancient!


For those of you that would like more of a colouring recipe. Here are all the colours in the squirrel.

101, 104, 108, 115, 121, 130, 132, 175, 177, 187, 190, 199, 232, 274

Thanks for joining me today! Hope you have a smashing weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've turned that image into a true piece of art! Such incredible colouring, my friend! :o)
    Oh, and I like the yellow in the leaves, of course! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring of the digi is absolutely fantastic. I love the whole look of the card.
    GG

    ReplyDelete