Saturday, June 13, 2020

Ye olde projecte

Another project from history that has finally been made! This is a set of vintage illustration stickers for me to use.


A long while ago, probably 2012, I purchased a number of 60s and 70s childrens annuals and picture books that were extremely badly damaged and about to be chucked (from a charity shop). I then decided that they would make an awesome collection of stickers some time in 2014, lol!


Unfortunately I couldn't tell who the illustrators were in most cases, or the names of the books even, most of the pages were loose, but these days I would have probably spent a longer time trying to work out what bits went with what books because now I make my own images, I know that the origins of artwork is important.


Anyway, if I happen across any of these artists whilst browsing vintage children's book illustrations I will be sure to pop back here with suggestions of where these fabulous designs came from. Now I am happily giving new life to these things and will use them on my crafty parcels for some time to come, better than ending up in a bin? (These aren't the actually book pages, they are scans of the originals, before you worry about me cutting books up, however destroyed.)


Thanks for looking at something different. I actually have a huge amount that would make great stickers, and thanks to my friend Helen a lovely new sticker machine and cartridges with which to make more and more and more and more......

....I love stickers :)



3 comments:

  1. They are so cute, Annabel! I adore images from old children's books, such beautiful illustrations! Nice idea and now you have some gorgeous stickers for your happy mail!

    ReplyDelete