Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Golden Wedding

Had in an order for a Golden Wedding Card for a couple who got married at Sutton Maddock Church in Shropshire. I decided to go a bit shabby vintage-ish with it and here it is -


It's a bit more successful in real life, because it's got a lot of dimension (it's almost an inch thick, oops!) but the church is a photo I tinted with inks (and distressed) and cut into layers to make a decoupage picture of Sutton Maddock Church. (Hope they recognise it!) Then I dry brushed gold onto the flowers, so there is a lot more gold catching the light when you look at it. Not sure it looks very gold at all on this photo!

I have used some wood effect paper from the stash, some blue paper from a magazine freebie and the hessian look background is actually a piece of window blind material. Added the gold just with acrylic paint. I think the flowers were a job lot from QVC! :) 

1 comment: