Tuesday, September 04, 2018

What is going on in the background...

Interesting week at Witt & Sass, our challenge this time was to make a project focusing on the "behind the scenes" products that Witt & Sass make!  I really wanted to have a go with the sea and beachy themed items so I decided to have a go at a seaside scene theme! ~hard to say quickly, try it ;) 

 Both cards are made using distress oxides through stencils and wet wipes dabbed to remove colour or add texture. Then I added detail and highlights with the stamp sets using distress oxides, white ink or dabbed onto wet wipes  to create a bleach effect.


I made two cards in the end. This one was a disaster, I put it on top of the bin (Top Tip, don't rip or crumple failed projects, just place them cleanly on top of your bin, often they are worth a rescue, particularly the next day!) and once it was cut and mounted and I added a pen outline to the stamp, I had tried and failed to use, it's now probably my favourite!


The second card worked a bit better, I decided to hand draw on some birds to create a focal point. I used a black pigment in pen and some polychromo pencil to soften them a little and add a hint of light.


I'm not sure if it worked out very well, I wish now I had stuck with one set of birds but hey-ho!


 I pretty much used the same set of products for both cards, so here is a list of what I used.

Stencils

Stamps
Sentiments from the You Are Beautful Stamp Set
Freebie Magazine Stamp from the Stash, parent and child.

Other
Distress Oxides
Hero Arts Unicorn White Ink Pad
Pigment Ink Pen (to add birds)
Polychromo white and brown pencil.
White Fine Posca Pen.
Wet wipes (to remove ink through stencils etc)

If you want to check out what the rest of the DT come up with this week, why not pop to the official Witt & Sass Blog! ( I write there too, but with more dodgy humour and cruddy puns! lol)


1 comment: