What people don't tell you about making terrariums is how hard it is to get a good photo of them! :) This has been an ongoing project for a couple of weeks, of a couple of years if you count how long I have had the jars in which to make them!
I order the figures from ebay but when they came they needed a bit of retouching with acrylics.
The jars were from the charity shop.
The twine was left over from the last wedding invites I made.
The charm is from ye olde bead stash.
I purchased fresh cork pieces for the base and used grass intended for Minature Warcraft set ups, easily available on ebay too.
For some of the them I used bark/twig my friend Helen kindly donated me from her garden.
I added a felt base to them afterwards too.
On the bottom of the cork lid there are glow in the dark stars which add a bit of night time interest. As yet I have not found anything glowy enough to actually light them up properly at night. I shall keep up the hunt!
I have two bigger jars to have a go at next! :)