Monday, September 12, 2016

The September Challenge!

Challenge 11 on the Crafty Addicts Facebook Group goes live today! Theme this time is, as normal, Anything Goes, and the optional option (lol, going to leave that in!) of "Use Glitter". Sami Stamps is the sponsor this time, she has some amazing images, you'll be hard pressed to choose if you win! She's giving away a $12 gift card to the winner!

I chose to use the image "With You" from Sami Stamps for my DT inspiration card. I needed an image for an Anniversary Card and I thought it would be nice change from hearty type pictures!


I tried doing some distress ink blending on kraft card, and then cosmic shimmer mist over the top to get a watery effect. I masked off the image and text whilst I played with the ink. Font is "Little Lord Fontleroy". I added some sequins around the image (kind of wanting it to look rainy?) and then made the umbrella out of two glitter card stocks. The flowery one I have had since the beginning of time, must have been one of the first things I bought when I started to make cards and FINALLY I have used it on a project, lol. Image is unsurprisingly coloured with polychromos... the waxy finished meant it resisted the ink that made it through my masks really well!  

Sponsor Badge
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SamiStamps


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Annabel! Love the sparkly paper-piecing on the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely and sweet, the umbrella really pops, lots of hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful Annabel!
    Xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sparkly umbrella and fab colouring as always. That font's a bit of a corker xx

    ReplyDelete