Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tropical Part-tay!

It's another Tuesday post for Witt and Sass and the fabulous new stamp set - Tropical Party! Featuring my favourite Witt and Sass bird, Carmen Miranda Flamingo. (CMF)


The set has five cool sentiments to pick from and loads of extra images, so I added a little pineapple chap to my wording banner.  I also used the background building stamp called grassy hill to define the outline of the grassy mound CMF is stood on. 


I coloured CMF in copic pens and some white posca pen. I added stickles and glossy accents at the end too. The background was an experiment using lace as a stencil with distress inks. I thought it looked like that sparkling-water-swimming-pool-bokeh? It probably has a proper name, but I hope you get what I mean!


When cards are very heavy, you can move them across your crafting table using tiny straw logs...just like how they built the pyramids! ;) I suppose I should now mention the MAJORLY GLITZY element of this card, the rhinestone palm tree. I know, it's a bit much, but when I saw it I couldn't resist. The dragonfly bling was in the same set.
Bling and Straws were from The Range, Background Paper was a magazine freebie.

They're quite a few of us on the Witt and Sass Design Team, people you might not already know, would you like to have a look at their blogs? I figure if you read this far, you might like something fun and inspiring to do? They are all incredibly talented bunch, I am really having to up my game!


1 comment: