Thursday, April 09, 2009

70th Commission


70th Commission
Originally uploaded by Eekers!
I'm very lucky at the moment, friends of friends are asking for commission cards and seem to have been happy to pay slightly more for them.

This one was for a 70th birthday and I used the "flower ring" idea for it. I have made this design far too much, but it is relatively simple and very effective. Punching out the leaves and flowers and then sticking them on is the only time consuming bit.

The butterfly is made by concertina'ing a shape similar to a vase (?) and then you wrap wire round the middle to hold it in place, then spread out the wings either side. I also use some of the wire to make some small curly antenna.
I might make a few diagrams/photos next time I do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment