Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Brief foray into Craftsuprint land.

I was after some motorbike themed items to make cards for my BIL and decided to see what Craftsuprint had to offer. I've seen it advertised many times, I've walked past Crafty Bob at the NEC and I've never, until now, really given it a decent explore.

So it's now a massive site ( I think I popped to look at it when it first started and it was tiny!) and there are loads of downloadable offerings on every possible subject. I admit a fairly large amount (90 percent?) are not my style, but there is some very professional and interesting stuff on there. I was also surprised to find some SVG/cutting files and lots of card "kits" for more complicated designs.

I made two cards with my first download. ( One of the main downers in my experience was having to spend a minimum of £5 when the two files I wanted only cost £1.60)


This shaped card is by Sarah Lake and you can download it here. It was 80p. If you print it directly onto one piece of A4 cardstock it makes a quite small card that fits in a 6 inch square envelope. I printed it onto white cardstock and decoupaged it by printing the right hand side twice more and selecting my decoupage layers. Afterwards I  used glossy accents and yellow stickles to add some bling. I used the computer to print out the greeting and 3d foamed it onto the bottom of  the card. I printed out a small inner to provide somewhere obvious to sign.


And this is "You Rock on a Motorbike" by Heather Howes and is downloadable here. (also 80p) I have to admit it made me chuckle and I couldn't resist it! Printed out onto one A4 sheet of card and decoupaged using the layout suggested. Replace greeting circles on the download with the number 40 for my BIL's birthday. Added two different stickles to his crest and some metallic bling to his leather jacket. I also modified the image to make a themed insert for the card too, the only thing that was missing!

Neither cards were super inspirational but I was impressed by craftsuprint and what it had to offer. I will definitely use the site again and pop to have a look what there is next time someone makes an odd request!

Might have to revisit this subject if I start to upload some content. Shall report back!

1 comment:

  1. Love both these cards fab for bikers. Love them!! Craftsuprint is a great site but you a coupe of free days to have a look round it all.

    ReplyDelete