Friday, January 17, 2020

Owls - freebie download from Making Cards Mag.

I really like the challenge of using a limited group of items to make a card and the freebie download packs from Making Cards Magazine are a fab way to do this! Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed by choice and ideas and it results in a lack of productivity and creativity! I always feel like reducting the stash I use makes for much more interesting cards.


I love the January download pack featuring soft watercolour owls! I paired them up with some 6x6 papers from my stash, kraft card, and two different types of bling. The one embellishment set is Shimelle Glitter Girl Collection by American Crafts and the others are adhesive wood-effects gems I think from docrafts, will check!



I decided to make a set of 4 cards using 6x6 white card blanks as the bases. This was just for convenience, I have lots of them ready to use!


Because the set doesnt come with any greetings/sentiments I printed out some round ones and banner ones on the computer using two fonts, Caneletter Script and Bernadette Rough.


Several of the 6x6 papers came from a Chalk Studio Set from My Minds Eye. I can spot at least one section from a Lawn Fawn Plaid Set and a few pieces my friend Amy sent me when I worked on her Design Team, thanks Amy!


On all of the cards I added glossy accents to the Owl's eyes (Customers always comment and like it) and I added some stickles to the centres of the flowers. The bunting I used I think is a docrafts product I got from the Range.


Thanks for joining me today, I hope you like this set of Birthday cards, they were quick to make and fun to do! If you want to check out if they are still available to download you can use the link below. Making Card Magazine has a great facebook page that alerts you to offers and freebies too.

2 comments: