Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Using Up Studio Light Spares!

Hi again, more of the catch-up post department! 

A couple of years ago I discovered the Studio Light Christmas Card kits. They are booklets with a suggested card layout and then all the parts to make it up. They also add a few extra and spare parts for every card and at the end of making up the sets (mainly as they proposed) I was left with a large bag of cool leftovers. This year I made 8 cards with leftovers from a couple of the official card kits.

Here is one of the cards that you are given a guide for. I make them up as suggested and then add some little extras, in this case, some wooden bling and a little wooden bunny.


These are the eight cards I made with the left over bits. (From two whole booklets).

The booklets always come with a central image for you card, so printing out some new central images was all I needed to make up a new design. I chose 8 photos and cut them out with circle dies and layered them onto card.

I have a few friends who like cats, so the first two were cat themed.



I have a friend who likes travelling so I printed out a snowy northern lights image for her.


For my SIL & BIL and my Nephew I  made two cards using photos of their dog Smudge (That I took from their facebook photos, oops!) and I gave them a blue hue to kind of look a bit more wintery? They seemed to like them at least, lol!



All the layering card and the backing papers are from my stash, luckily I have a lovely nordic 6x6 paper set that go well with the Studiolight colour schemes.

I did another dog card for my FIL. They used to have a lovely golden retriever called Chester, a long time ago now, so hopefully this meant happy memories!


My brother seemed to have opinions on appropriating non-Christmas animals for Christmas cards, but I don't think it matters what animal you pick as long as the photo has them in snow! This is a snow fossa for my brother, and I did my Mum a snow tiger!



So that was the set I made from the recycled bits! I love making these. I don't really mind if people don't think they are very christmassy, this year what was important for me was enjoying making my big batch of remaining Xmas cards. 

I've probably made over 100 Christmas cards using the StudioLight kits but never seem to have bothered blogging any before, so thought I would at least show these extras this year!



4 comments:

  1. A wonderful selection of cards Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all wonderful Annabel! and such a great use of left overs!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for using up odds and ends!!! I am trying to do that, too. Love the cards you made from the spares. I had never heard of StudioLight before. Your cards are wonderful and wintery. Well done!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful cards!
    love these with cats!

    ReplyDelete