Sunday, January 05, 2020

Happy 2020!

Happy 2020 everyone! Hope you had a lovely start to the year!

So I have a mahousive back log of cards I haven't got round to blogging, so I am going to do a whole load of daily catch up posts, I hope! :) This is the warning post! Cards are coming!


I bought this Avery Elle stamp set (Winter Woodland Wonders) for last years cards, but didn't use it that much in the end. I was keen to use it for some this year and I made this special first christmas card, as a commission.


The ribbon is holding it together because it's a twist and pop card! I love meddling with a bit of card technology! It folds pretty flat still, so even better. I used a blank ready made mechanism, though I moved it into a 6x6 inch card as the original is pretty tiny. And it's as simple as just gluing it into a bigger card, no hassle at all.


I used patterned papers from Making Cards Magazine, in most cases I scanned them, recoloured them to match my scheme and then printed them out on 160 gsm plain paper.

Backgrounds are made with distress oxides. The images are coloured using Copics. I added glossy accents and stickles at the end. Enamelish hearts are from WHSmith and Enamelish stars are from Paperchase. Ribbon and card stock from the stash.

Picture below so you can see a bit more of how the mechanics look!


Thanks for joining me on the catch-up posts!

3 comments: