Sunday, February 02, 2020

Flowery Owl

Hi everyone, not a catchupmageddon post today, something I have finished and framed and gifted to my Mum for her 80th birthday.



Here is what it looks like before colouring -


And my version:


Tempted to have a go? Remember to check the Sweet Escape Facebook Group before you purchase as there is often a money-off code (40% at the moment!) and also information on freebies you will be sent when you purchase digis. As I write this there is also an additional giveaway for physical stamps that is worth checking out. All the low down! lol :D


I coloured this with polychromo pencils on white cardstock (for a change!) and it took me quite a while, I've been colouring it in between other projects. I love looking at other peoples coloured flowers but I am not so keen on doing my own, lol!


I used some white posca pen for highlights in the eyes and on the berries. I selected real flowers to use as inspiration for colouring the wreath, gerberas, sunflowers, stargazer lilies and frangipani. I similarly used real photos of owls to help with the pattern created with the feathers.


This was a 18x18cm piece so I framed it up rather than making it into a card. I used a plain white box frame from Hobbycraft. (They are half price currently.)

Thanks for joining me today, so pleased to finally finish this piece and share it with you! I hope you are tempted by it and would love to see how you get on!




4 comments: