Thursday, February 27, 2020

Happy Crafty Birthday

Made a few new naughty purchases recently because I wanted to make some cards for my fellow crafters with a suitably crafty theme! I also had in a commission for a birthday card for a paper crafter and wanted to find a design they would find fun and interesting too.


So I used two new stamp sets, one is called "Crafty Turnabout Stamp Set" from Concord & 9th and the other is called "Craftiness is Happiness" from Taylored Expressions. I also used a new die called "Script Words 2" from Altenew.


Really love the idea of the Turnabout stamps, I tried it in lots of different colour ways (as the photos show). They sell lots of extra gadgets to get the stamping perfect and there are lots of videos on how to do it using a Misti stamping press. Honestly though, I just used square card stock and a basic stamping press and think I got pretty good results! I also used distress oxides so wasn't really after a sharp result.


After die cutting out the "happy" in black card I mounted it on a band across the design made of vellum and a thin white strip. (The "Happy" got a bit lost just on the vellum, though I think it would have been fine on a paler colour scheme).


In the same distress oxides I stamped out some of the Taylored Expression stamps to match up with the colours and act as my embellishments on the banner. I also added some bling from the stash.


I used "Impact Label" font for the additional sentiment and just printed out strips from the computer, then taped it onto my card.


Shopping enabling

(Not sponsored but I've had excellent service from both of the following shops and happily recommend both.)

  • I got my Script die from Dies to Die for but it no longer seems to be in stock. (It was £11.50) You can get it from Seven Hills Crafts though (it's a bit more expensive). 
  • I got my Concord and 9th Turnabout Stamp from Seven Hills Crafts because I couldn't catch it in stock at Dies to Die for. (It was £18 at both shops.)
  • I got my Taylored Expressions Craftiness is Happiness stamp set from Dies to Die for but it's now out of stock. (£12) I don't think Seven Hills sells it. They do sell a large selection of other craft related stamps though it you fancy a look? Here.


1 comment: