Saturday, February 08, 2020

Springtime Baby Bunny

(Catchupmageddon Post). I had in a commissioned card for a very special new baby! I have made a lot of cards for this family, including the wedding invitations of the now new Mum & Dad so I was very happy to be asked to make this very happy card!


 I have used the "Springtime" stamp  from Whimsy Stamps, artwork by Sylvia Zet. I actually have this as a physical stamp but I shall link here to the digital one.


The theme for the nursery was pink, grey and rabbits so I stuck to that for the card too. I don't often colour in pencils on white so this was an interesting challenge for me and took me a lot longer than it takes me on kraft card, I don't know why!


Once I had matt and layered it onto pink card I used papers from "Itsy Bitsy Baby Girl" from K& Co for the layout behind, which are luckily the same kind of colour scheme. It's an old 8x8 pad from my stash but I believe it's still available!

The main font is East Coast Stationery and the smaller font is Delinquente Alt 1 Demo.


In the corners I created some flower butterfly shapes with flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, wired branches from the stash and some left over string from their wedding invitations. (I like to add an extra detail that only the recipient would recognise.)

To finished I added some stickles to the flowers and glossy accents to the eyes!

2 comments: